What Oscar awards are to Hollywood, IIFA awards are to Bollywood. If Oscars evoke a sense of history, IIFA awards are all glitz and glam. A mega event that is attended by the who’s who of Bollywood. Each award event set new benchmarks in grandeur and glamour.
IIFA has truly become a big brand, someone who has dared to make a Bollywood show surpass international events. And succeeded big time.
It was a privilege and challenge for us to promote IIFA on social media and try and take the brand to another level.
IIFA (International India Film Academy), who showcases Bollywood before an increasingly global audience in different mega cities of the world. The high profile organizers of the biggest Bollywood award show.
Uncut IIFA Rocks 2019 | Radhika Apte | Neha Kakkar | Salim Sulaiman | Katrina Kaif | Ali Fazal
Uncut Salman | Katrina | Madhuri | Shahid | Vicky | Sara | IIFA Awards 2019 Green Carpet Interviews
IIFA 2017 Best Performances
IIFA 2018 Best Performances
Bom Diggy Diffy - Zack Knight & Jasmin Walia - IIFA 2018
Find out what Salman Khan & Lulia Vantur love doing - IIFA 2018
Anil Kapoor talks about Fanney Khan
Ranbir Singh - Sanju - IIFA 2018 Green Carpet
Varun Dhawan Performance - IIFA 2018
IIFA Awards Melbourne to Bangkok
- IIFA wanted to promote this annual event on digital media with an aim to enhance its reach and strengthen the brand online.
- How to bring Bollywood closer to young Indians and Bollywood lovers overseas? What content and what media to use for promoting the IIFA brand?
- Promotion of the event was needed in different formats, not just red carpet and award show videos.
Marketing Solution and Execution
- We decided to promote IIFA on social media. Exciting Bollywood based videos emerged as the content of choice.
- WhatsUpAus already had a YouTube channel. It had been especially successful in promoting Bollywood films and related events.
- IIFA award 2017 post-show on our YouTube channel did create a splash. But, for IIFA awards 2018, we decided on a more interesting format. The idea was impromptu interviews of big Bollywood stars as they arrived for the award show. Our YouTube channel carried interesting videos from those interviews.
Finally, the Results
- For the 2017 post-show promotion, our YouTube channel generated more than 2 million watched minutes and over 1 million views. For the 2018 award show, it was an equally impressive 2million watched minutes on YouTube, and almost 1 million views. Our interview videos were also very well received by the viewers in India and the Asia Pacific region.
- Seeing the impact of our coverage of IIFA awards on social media, IIFA seems likely to work with us for subsequent years. We too are committed to take the IIFA brand far and wide, with creative content that would connect with all Bollywood lovers.
- Our YouTube channel is now among the Top 10 search results for IIFA related content. It is also one of the top YouTube channels in Asia Pacific for Bollywood content.